Dr Peter Moate, as a registered Podiatrist, is an expert in the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the foot and lower leg. Peter has over 20 years of experience and provides comprehensive Podiatric care for all ages.
Peter has extensive experience in the field of sports Podiatry, and has been recognised with Fellowship of the Australasian Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine.
Peter is also one of a select few Podiatrists in Victoria to be endorsed to prescribe scheduled drugs for his patients. This means you don’t have to be referred to a GP for medications such and antibiotics or pain medication, thus saving you time, money and delayed treatment.
Common foot complaints treated include;
- Painful skin and nail conditions such as ingrown nails, corns/callus and warts.
- Chronic musculoskeletal injuries such as Arthritis, stress fractures, and soft tissue injuries of the heel, ankle and forefoot.
- When related to foot posture, Peter also treats shin, knee and even back pain.
- Treatment of foot conditions related to systemic diseases such as diabetes, neurological or vascular disorders.
We can provide;
- Minor surgical procedures such as treatment and prevention of ingrown toenails.
- Injection therapies such as cortisone.
- Whether pre-fabricated or custom-made, we provided a complete range of palliative and corrective foot orthotics (Inner-soles) after careful biomechanical evaluation.
- General routine/regular foot care for those requiring ongoing assistance.
- Advanced targeted microwave therapy for Verruca warts (Papilloma) this targeted radio frequency emblation technique works via immune system modulation rather than traditional and more destructive painful therapies, such as freezing or topical acid preparations.
- Custom fitting and supply of shoes from the Dr Comfort Medical Grade Footwear range, including extra depth footwear.
- On site private health fund claims via our Hicaps machine.
- Diagnostic imaging and pathology referrals, and drug prescriptions.